Search This Blog

Thursday 18 November 2010

HAND MADE


Hand Made?  Heart Made?..the same thing, I think.

My hands are tools I use in daily life.
Bearing scars of wounds that occur 
As I do the things I love.
Not beautiful or elegant in the classic sense,
But graciously expressing my heart's content.





I have this piece of art that speaks to my heart.




Created by the hands and heart of the artist, Erin Boniferro.


For me this piece speaks of strength and vulnerability,


courage and tenderness,


brutality and delicacy...


all the wonderful contrasts that go to make up a human being.



Here you can see the gold thread that forms the outline of the lion's head,


and here the delicate pink silk ribbon tied into its mane.


This piece of art brings me unending joy.


Erin presently runs her own shop-front art centre in Vancouver.
She teaches classes and sells art supplies and books.


She created this centre by hand from her heart too...(with lots of help from other hands).


Here's a video from her blog.
If you live in Vancouver, or happen to visit, stop by.


She's a lovely woman, my eldest daughter's best friend growing up.
She also happens to be my best friend's daughter.


Collage Collage - Shop, Look + Learn from Pike on Vimeo.

This is my submission this week to

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com