Search This Blog

Saturday 8 January 2011

Outstanding!

There are times when even I impress myself.

This morning, after a lazy start with coffee, newspapers
watching the snow fall outside,
I thought..."I'm tired of my own recipes...time for something new!"

So...google epicurious
and troll through the recipes.
When this caught my eye, or more specifically, tastebuds.

I was seduced by the notion of
pork tenderloin, with shallots and winter pears in a pear nectar sauce.


Add to that baby spinach sauteed with jalapeno peppers 
and oven-roasted mini potatoes and hey presto...
something different!



So, donning winter boots, beret and coat
with husband in tow to do the toting,
off we go...first to the wine store for a local cab sav and a 
sauvingnon blanc.


And then to our local grocer/meat store for the pork, spinach, pears and pear nectar (please let them carry this!).
I have all of the other ingredients at home.




This is one of the easiest, prettiest, most enjoyable meals
I have prepared in a long time.

I fully intended taking photos of the completed meal, 
but you know how it goes...the candles are lit,
the music is playing, the wine is poured...
time for a photo?...ah...no!
But do give it a try...it was wonderful!
As my mentor would say (God rest her beautiful soul):
Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com