Search This Blog

Thursday 24 June 2010

'You Promised to Take Care of Me'

V. I can't seem to stop thinking about a post a fellow blogger Tom Stephenson wrote
( on his blog http://tomstephenson.blogspot.com/) about the story of dog who kept killing chickens that would escape their roost. The owners decided that to solve the problem the dog had to die... so they shot him!
Disposable Love...how cruel.
I have been seriously thinking of getting another dog since my beloved Cho Cho passed away this February. I take this ownership seriously and know the commitment that I will give when a pet comes into my life is a contract between myself and that dog that is unconditional. It is an agreement between myself, my soul and my dog.
I have been looking to adopt a rescue pup and visit the website daily to see where my heart is waiting for me. There is a post there of a darling dog who has been returned to the shelter because the owners are moving and they can't or don't want to take the dog with them.
How is that possible?
When you sign up to bring an animal into your life isn't it for better or worse?
Another couple I know have decided to move to a warmer climate to finish working on their masters, and don't want to take their two cats with them so they are looking for a new owner or perhaps they will just drop them off at a shelter!
Disposable Love...how tragic!
So, I ask myself what would I do if my dog kept killing my escaped chickens...I know what I do...I think the first approach would be to fix the roost so the chickens couldn't escape, or perhaps keep the dog inside while the chickens had a free runabout each day, there seems to be so many options available other than killing the dog.
Disposable love... how very, very sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com