Search This Blog

Thursday, 14 October 2010

FOOD


Lord, love-a-duck Raz 
this was a tough one.

The photo-challenge this week is FOOD.

What a loaded topic that is!
Well, for me anyway.

Food is something I LOVE.
I love reading about it, shopping for it, touching it, smelling it, preparing it, cooking it...EATING it!
I enjoy nothing more in this world than people around the table.
Heck...I'll even pour myself the last glass of wine, light a candle, turn on the music and CLEAN UP!

Food is the language of my life. 
It's how I express love, how I find pleasure...how I exist.

And yet...there is the dark side, 
starvation, deprivation, corruption, anorexia, bulemia,
obesity, additives, preservatives, CAFO's, genetically modified food.
I'm overwhelmed by all of that!

So...defaulting to that safe place, 
let me do what I do and give you my favourite sandwich recipe...

Two slices of fresh, home-made, toasted, multi-grain bread,
lightly...everso lightly spread with organic peanut butter...
Add two..okay maybe three,  slices of bacon from the all-gracious, wonderful, most generous pig....
as-many-slices-as-you-can-fit of a crisp, fresh-from-the-tree gala apple...
all topped with a fistful of alfalfa sprouts.

Delicious.  I'm happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com